A Technology Blog About Code Development, Architecture, Operating System, Hardware, Tips and Tutorials for Developers.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Touch pad is not working on Ubuntu 11.04

9:33:00 AM Posted by Satish , , , , 1 comment

Following is blog post with respect to the problem which I faced on my dell vostro laptop with Ubuntu 11.04. My mouse pad(Touch pad) was not working after login screen.

After some googling I found forum articles which describing same problem. Those peoples have different version of Ubuntu with different manufactures of laptop. But I didn't found an exact cause of this issue.

Anyways following is the solution,
Execute following command on terminal

gconftool-2 --set --type boolean /desktop/gnome/peripherals/touchpad/touchpad_enabled true

Reference:
http://blog.railsupgrade.com/2011/05/touch-pad-is-not-working-on-ubuntu-1104.html

1 comment:

  1. Excellent job! I was having this problem just yesterday as well, but it seemed to fix itself after the initial reboot upon launching Ubuntu. Thank you for sharing this fix.

    ReplyDelete